Would you like to work as a UCDSU event operative?
We are currently seeking to recruit a number of event operatives to join our growing events team who are interested in working at multiple UCDSU events throughout the year,
As an event operative, you will play a key role in making sure that these important events run as smoothly as possible.
The successful Events Operative candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with high-energy, and a can-do attitude. Candidates will encompass a creative mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit, with a high sense of responsibility and initiative.
We seek candidates who are reliable; confident, trustworthy, and outgoing. Attention to detail and timekeeping are critical for this role.
This is a casual position and you will be paid for each event worked.
Events are worked on a pre-booked/rostered basis.
Ideally, candidates will be available to work evenings and weekends.
Operatives will work at key events such like:
- Orientation/Freshers week
- General Events
- Exam week buses (December and May)
- UCDSU Elections
- Raise and Give (RAG) week
● Delivery of event kit on site and is responsible for setting it up, ensuring the highest standard of quality, safety and accuracy.
● Some events may have you working on your own whilst others will have you supporting other event operators, project teams, freelance, staff, as well as a host of other agencies and suppliers.
● When set up is done, you may be required to stay on-site for the duration, keeping an eye on the kit, solving problems that raise their head and ensuring the seamless delivery of the event.
● Representing UCD Students’ Union to clients and event attendees whilst on site.
● Working closely with the SU events operations and communications team to make sure equipment is well maintained and looked after and ensuring our asset management system is utilised and up to date.
You will be provided with manual handling training, basic first aid training and other relevant training as required.
To apply, please email a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of all applications: Friday, 2nd of June 2023 at 4.00pm.
Please note HR will contact prospective candidates by email during the summer months.
Please email a cover letter along with your CV to email@example.com