Currently, due to the large numbers of COVID-19 cases and high level of transmission in the community, UCD Health Service unfortunately have to limit in-person visits.
This is in accordance with national general practice guidelines in order to protect both staff and patients.
Student Health is open and available for phone consultation.
Call on 01 716 3134 from 9.30 to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday and we will arrange a call back for you from one of our medical team.
Some patients may be asked by the doctor to come to the service for an in -person consultation, after an initial telephone or video consultation. This will be arranged with the doctor or nurse on an individual basis and you will be given specific advice regarding attending this appointment.
If you develop any of these symptoms suggestive of Covid 19
- fever/ chills
- shortness of breath
- Change/ loss of sense of taste or smell
Self-isolate and contact us for a free consultation on 01-7163134 as soon as possible.
A member of our medical team will contact you for a free telephone assessment.
If necessary, we can refer you for a free COVID-19 test.
New guidelines regarding close contact with a positive case:
If you are a close contact of a positive Covid 19 case, the current advice is to:
- Restrict your movements for 14 days on the assumption that you may be infected too and could spread the disease.
- Close contacts are no longer being tested routinely.
- However, if you are a close contact and develop symptoms yourself, please contact us to arrange a test.
- Remember- Help to keep everyone safe! Always phone first on 01-7163134 and only attend in person if this has been arranged with student health staff.